MICRO LINKS AND THEIR MAINTENANCE
Micro links are the hair extensions which are added to our own hair for trending styles. In these extensions, silicon beads are attached to hair and then the extension is attached to silicon beads. The process to attach micro links is painless and it requires no braiding, no gluing, and no bonding. These extensions are attached to the small section of hair at the root with small rings. It can be washed, colored and styled like our own hairs.
Besides the general care of hair extensions, as discussed in the previous blog, the tips for maintaining micro links are:
- Micro links should never be washed within first 48 hours of being fitted and they should never be washed more than twice a week.
- Wash hair in one direction; avoid crazy hair scrunching lathering otherwise extension will badly tangle.
- Be gentle in washing because our hair shrinks when they are wet therefore beads can get bit looser and slip down easily. So use leave in conditioner, this decreases the risk of slippage.
- When brushing, be gentle around roots so that beads remain undisturbed. If we put the strain on beads, it will weaken the bond.
- Use professional hair products.
- Last, but certainly not the least, visit your stylist every 2 – 3 weeks for regular follow up.