The most important critical factors of doing any business are having good knowledge of the product, sourcing and finding the right supplier partners who can stand with you, guarantee the product quality, and are willing to listen to your concerns.
1. What is the product you want to source?
2. What different type of qualities exist in the product?
3. Is your supplier sufficiently transparent to you or singing common names like Brazilian, Peruvian or Malaysian which even does not exist?
4. Do you understand the difference between the variety of hair types?
5. What is the process of hair sourcing, quality control and texture creation your supplier follow?
6. Is your supplier also making any value-added product like colored hair or Wigs?
7. How strong is the reputation of your supplier?
8. Is the supplier in the USA or overseas? Is he/she registered in the USA for selling the product?
9. Is your wholesaler having a manufacturing plant or not?
Whom you partner with, how you sell and what is your expectation from a business are all critical. But there are a lot of hair extensions startups who have no idea on what the product is and they fall in trap of suppliers which are unscrupulous and purchase poor quality inventory on cheap prices. Most of these new startups end up losing customers as the hair quality is not good and customer can buy this product from Chinese suppliers directly.
If you have the right partner, who is willing to help and support you with right quality products, than only you can make money. I work with 100s of successful partners (Wholesale Hair Extensions: Indian hair manufacturer Indian Hair Vendor) and find that key to success is in right customer service coupled with right supplier.